The Ministry of Agro Industry of the Nation reports that between 10 and 12 May will be held at the premises of the Faculty of Agronomy of the University of Buenos Aires (FAUBA) the course entitled "Training in Organic Production applied to the rice chain". It is aimed at college graduates in agricultural engineering professionals, Organic Plant Production technicians or equivalent races, who wish to specialize as advisors, and / or update their knowledge of the rules and requirements of organic production.
The course is organized by the Ministry of Added Value, through the Undersecretariat of Food and Beverage and will be held with the technical support of Integral Project Assistance Added Value in Agroalimentos (PROCAL) jointly with the FAUBA through the Department of Organic Production, also counted with the support of the National Health Service and Food Quality (SENASA).
The training comprises two stages: a-virtual-which runs from 5 to the 9 May, and other -presencial- that will take place on 10, 11 and 12 May this Faculty, located in Av. San Martin 4453, City of Buenos Aires.
Attendees must have prior training, ascertainable, in agricultural production, and you will need to conduct a review and develop a management plan aimed at retrofitting a conventional production in an organic production to achieve approval.
The main contents include developing:
- Objectives and Overview of organic production.
- Statistics of national and international organic sector.
- General rules for organic vegetable production.
- Organic certification system, monitoring and control.
- organic soil management in rice cultivation.
- organic pest management, diseases and weeds in rice.
- Using seeds in rice growing organic.
- Marketing of organic rice.
- Visit a producer establishment of organic rice.
- Importantly, our country is among the top organic producers in the world.
The Ministry of Agro Industry promotes organic production through the issuance of these trainings, so that each region of the country has trained professionals and technicians to promote the expansion of this differentiated production system.
Information and registration until 04/05/2016 in:
Web: www.alimentosargentinos.gob.ar in section Training – Events.
Such: 011- 4349-2026/2090
The course is free.
Space is limited.